Activities requiring a permit on private land use
If you want to conduct any of the following activities on private land, you will need a permit.
- Storing or repairing a recreational vehicle
- Storing a shipping container (up to 90 days)
- Storing long heavy vehicles
- Storing unregistered vehicles (up to 90 days)
- Storing a skip bin
- Putting up temporary dwellings (up to 60 days).
If you want to conduct an activity and you are unsure whether you need a permit on your private land, we encourage you to contact us:
You must provide a site plan
You must provide a site plan that illustrates where your activity will take place in relation to the intersection.
- Non-refundable Application Fee - $138
- Permit Fee - $138
- Long/Heavy vehicles Permit Fee - $460
You must pay both the application and permit fee when you apply. If your application is unsuccessful the permit fee will be refunded.
How to apply
You can enquire about your type private land use through one of our online forms (once you have clicked through, please scroll down to the appropriate link within the body of the page).
If you're unable to complete the online form, you can also access a downloadable version of the private land use application form.
What happens next
- We will consider your application. If we need more information, we will contact you.
- If the inspection is satisfactory, we will approve your permit within 7 business days.