- Name: Event Funding Program
- Status: Closed.
- Next round opens: 2023
- Frequency: Once every three years
- Amount: Up to $25,000 (although we may not approve the full amount you request)
- Previously successful applicants
What is Event Funding?
- The City of Casey is a destination for culture, sport and leisure, with many high-quality facilities and events that cater to local residents and visitors to Casey.
- Council seeks to support and work cooperatively with community organisations and businesses to develop and deliver a range of events that encourage people to be engaged and active.
- Council’s Event Funding program provides eligible organisations with funding to support large-scale events that are held in Casey, benefit local residents and attract visitors.
- Multi-year funding of up to three years is available which provides greater financial certainty for organising groups and assists with forward planning. The costs of delivering an event, along with some associated operational and administrative expenses are eligible
What are the objectives of Event Funding?
The objectives of Council’s Event Funding program are to:
- support the development and delivery of successful and safe large-scale community events that engage local residents, visitors and businesses
- provide opportunities to Casey residents for cultural enrichment, social interaction and active participation in leisure and arts activities in a community setting
- encourage large-scale events that contribute to the economic development and prosperity of the city.
What will not be funded
- Events not held in Casey
- Applications from individuals, political parties or groups or government agencies at local, state or federal level.
- Applications from schools or universities
- Events with the sole purpose of advocating a religious or political faith or belief
- Small-scale community events. Please see Community grants
- Events already funded through another Council grant program
- Events that are not open to the general public
Conditions of funding
All successful applicants must adhere to the conditions as outlined in the City of Casey’s Grants Policy. The following conditions also apply:
- Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of the organisation’s current Public Liability Insurance ($10 million minimum).
- Successful applicants will be required to enter into an agreement with the City of Casey, which details funding conditions. This must be signed and appropriate documentation provided before funds are issued.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide a written evaluation report after the first and second year of funding (or as otherwise specified in the funding agreement) as part of the decision-making process for continuing the funding for the next year. Council will provide the evaluation report template to all organisations, and Council officers will review the completed reports.
Tell us how your grant was used
After you have completed your project, you must tell us how you spent the grant money and what the outcomes of the project were. This is known as an acquittal process. You must complete the acquittal process online within 60 days of spending the money or by 30 June, whichever is earliest.
Find out more about the acquittal process.