- Name: Event Funding Program
- Status: Closed. Applications will be contacted in July/August 2019 regarding the outcome of their application
- Next round opens: 2022
- Frequency: Once every three years
- Amount: Up to $25,000 (although we may not approve the full amount you request)
Categories for funding
Event funding has three categories. Each category depends on your event type, its size and the purpose of the event. To be eligible, the event must be held in the City of Casey.
1. Large Events Funding
Between $3,000 and $25,000 per year for three years to support large, established community events that are held in Casey annually for free or a low cost.
2. Events for Charity Fundraising
Up to $4,000 a year for three years to support annual Casey events that raise funds for a registered charity and are open for wider community participation.
3. Events for Business
Up to $5,000 funding to support significant or multi-day events that engage Casey's business community and provide an economic benefit to the City of Casey.
What will not be funded
- Events not held in Casey
- Applications from individuals, political parties or groups or government agencies at local, state or federal level.
- Applications from schools or universities
- Events with the sole purpose of advocating a religious or political faith or belief
- Small-scale community events. Please see Community grants
- Events already funded through another Council grant program
- Events that take place before the application is submitted or do not take place in the three-year funding period (July 2019 – June 2022)
- Operational costs for the Events for Business category
- Events that are not open to the general public (with the exception of the Events for Business category)
- Funding is offered every 3 years and will not be offered again until 2022.
- Organisations can submit multiple applications in the same or a different category. This is if the total amount does not exceed the greatest amount available for that category.
- The Panel or Council may recommend partial funding.
- Multi-year funding agreements up to a maximum of three years will be offered to organisations, subject to the decision of Council.
- Successful organisations have until 30 June each year to complete their event.
- An evaluation report and acquittal form must be submitted online within 60 days of the completion of the event or by 30 June each year, whichever is earlier.
- Groups with outstanding payments due to Council will need to clear the debt before they can receive future funding.
Conditions of funding
All successful applicants must adhere to the conditions as outlined in the City of Casey’s Grants Policy. The following conditions also apply:
- Successful applicants are required to provide evidence of the organisation’s current Public Liability Insurance ($10 million minimum).
- Successful applicants will be required to enter into an agreement with the City of Casey, which details funding conditions. This must be signed and appropriate documentation provided before funds are issued.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide a written evaluation report after the first and second year of funding (or as otherwise specified in the funding agreement) as part of the decision-making process for continuing the funding for the next year. Council will provide the evaluation report template to all organisations, and Council officers will review the completed reports.
Tell us how your grant was used
After you have completed your project, you must tell us how you spent the grant money and what the outcomes of the project were. This is known as an acquittal process. You must complete the acquittal process online within 60 days of spending the money or by 30 June, whichever is earliest.
Find out more about the acquittal process.