Casey is partnering with our community to test and trial new ideas that will increase digital inclusion in Doveton. There are:
- Events to promote digital literacy and getting online
- More free public WiFi points with charging stations
- Access to digital literacy programs and community sessions
- Laptop loan options at Doveton Library
Read more below!
Digital Doveton Festival
- Saturday 4 June from 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Autumn Place, Doveton
- No bookings required
Join us at Autumn Place as we launch our FREE digital resources – including public WiFi and charging spots. There will also be a range of FREE fun family activities, food and drinks.
Guests who share their feedback with us at the event will go in the draw to *WIN one of three $100 vouchers to spend at local businesses in Doveton of your choice!
There will also be:
- free Halal sausage sizzle (vegetarian options available)
- children’s show bags, face painting and henna
- coffee vouchers for local Autumn Place cafes to be given away
- AFL (Australian Football League) workshop
- live music
- pop-up Covid vaccination hub.
Can you help us promote this event?
We'd appreciate your help in reaching the local community – especially any residents who don't spend time online to see this page. We have provided an information flyer in various languages which can be easily distributed. For example, displaying them in restaurants, shops, and community gathering places.
Free WiFi points
To make getting online easy and accessible, we're installing multiple FREE public WiFi points across Doveton. Some points will also have benches to charge your devices (wireless charging is available, but please bring your own cable for USB charging).
- View all of our existing WiFi points across Casey on this interactive map. Please note: some sites are only accessible by specific users or visitors to that site, e.g. kindergartens.
- View the WiFi points just in Doveton on the map below which is also available as a PDF file that you can save to your device or print for easy reference. As marked, some of the smart benches will only be ready for use in August.
More ways to get connected
There are a range of local programs to support digital literacy. If you or someone you know needs support getting online, you can get in touch with the local groups or use the resources below.
Casey Cardinia Libraries
- Doveton Library
- Free Technology and Digital classes including regular “Digital Support hours” held at Doveton library
- Free WiFi, computer bookings and loans, and low-cost printing
Doveton Neighbourhood Learning Centre
Enable Australia - Buy Affordable Technology
- Buy affordable technology (laptops, computers, monitors and accessories) at the In the Click marketplace, part of the Enable Australia Social Enterprise. A 15% social impact discount is available to eligible concession cardholders
Shaping Connections project for older Australians
Shaping Connections is a research project in partnership between RMIT, ACCAN, U3A and City of Whittlesea , specifically designed to support connectedness and inclusion for older people.
Shaping Connections are seeking feedback from the community on their tools and resources, so please feel free to contact them directly if you have anything to share.