Update: Digital Equity Living Lab Reports
The final report for the Digital Equity Living Lab is now available, providing:
- Key findings and insights from our research
- Successful strategies for promoting digital equity
- Insights on scale up opportunities
- Recommendations for policymakers, organizations, and communities.
Casey is partnering with our community to test and trial new ideas that will increase digital inclusion in Doveton. There are:
- Events to promote digital literacy and getting online
- More free public WiFi points with charging stations
- Access to digital literacy programs and community sessions
- Laptop loan options at Doveton Library
Find out more in the initial media release and on the page below!
Any questions or feedback, positive or negative, can also be given using the online form.
Autumn Place Digital Kiosk
A community computer has been set up in the foyer area of Autumn Place. It is free to use to assist with tasks such as:
- Browsing the internet
- Looking for jobs
- Filling out online forms
- Accessing City of Casey digital services
- Word processor or spreadsheet usage
Free WiFi points
To make getting online easy and accessible, we're installing multiple FREE public WiFi points across Doveton. Some points will also have benches to charge your devices (wireless charging is available, but please bring your own cable for USB charging).
- View all of our existing WiFi points across Casey on this interactive map. Please note: some sites are only accessible by specific users or visitors to that site, e.g. kindergartens.
- View the WiFi points just in Doveton on the map below which is also available as a PDF file that you can save to your device or print for easy reference. As marked, some of the smart benches will only be ready for use in August.
More ways to get connected
There are a range of local programs to support digital literacy. If you or someone you know needs support getting online, you can get in touch with the local groups or use the resources below.
- Doveton Library
- Free Technology and Digital classes including regular “Digital Support hours” held at Doveton library
- Free WiFi, computer bookings and loans, and low-cost printing
Doveton Neighbourhood Learning Centre
Enable Australia - Buy Affordable Technology
- Buy affordable technology (laptops, computers, monitors and accessories) at the In the Click marketplace, part of the Enable Australia Social Enterprise. A 15% social impact discount is available to eligible concession cardholders
Shaping Connections project for older Australians
Shaping Connections is a research project in partnership between RMIT, ACCAN, U3A and City of Whittlesea , specifically designed to support connectedness and inclusion for older people.
Shaping Connections are seeking feedback from the community on their tools and resources, so please feel free to contact them directly if you have anything to share.