- Name: Quick Response grants
- Status: Open
- Frequency: All year round (until funds run out)
- Amount: up to $1,000. There will also be a limit of 2 applications per group per calendar year.
Please note, during Stage 4 restrictions, food relief organisations can apply for an extra grant of up to $2000. This funding is for costs associated with their emergency food relief programs.
- Previously successful recipients
Purpose of this grant
The Quick Response Grants is a program of small grants available to eligible organisations throughout the year to support the establishment and delivery of valuable services, programs, activities and events to the Casey community.
Council’s Quick Response Grants program provides funding of up to $1,000 to:
- help with unforeseen expenses or urgent issues posing a risk to existing community groups/programs/events.
- take advantage of an unexpected opportunity to benefit the group and/or the wider Casey community. You must act on the opportunity within a short time frame.
- support the establishment of a new community group or club within the first 12 months of operation.
- delivering relief and recovery during coronavirus for:
- services for vulnerable community members
- providing a safe environment for volunteers and staff
- developing initiatives to support the Casey community in social isolation and modifying activities to meet current coronavirus regulations.
Who can apply for this grant
To apply for this grant, your group must:
- be a not for profit or charitable organisation
- be a legal entity (e.g an incorporated association, a co-operative, company or trust) or auspiced by one.
- be based (meet or hold activities) in Casey
- have a level of public liability insurance appropriate to the activity (with the exception of new groups)
- create an itemised budget, detailing how you will spend the funds
- submit your application and documentation online
- have acquitted any previous grants you have received from us
- have no outstanding funds owing to council
Applicants are notified of the outcome of their application within 5 to 10 business days.
Who cannot apply for this grant
You cannot apply for this grant if you are:
- an individual
- a private business
- a for-profit organisation
- a political party and/or group
- a government agency
- a council-managed kindergarten
- a school or university
What we cannot fund
We cannot accept applications for:
- Capital works including permanent structures or anything that increases the value of your facility.
- Activities/purchases that have already happened before we receive your application (except in the case of start-up costs for new groups).
- Ongoing operational costs such as utilities (electricity, gas and water), staff wages, rent or insurance.
- Grants programs, prizes, awards or donations.
- Programs that only advocate religion or faith.
- Celebrations for individuals.
- Programs or events which have already been funded through another Casey grant program.
How we decide on successful grants
The following criteria will be used to assess applications:
- How well the request meets one or more of the purposes of the grant.
- How well the group has provided evidence and justification to support the request
- The level of benefit to Casey residents
How the grants work
- We will notify you by email.
- In the email, we will include the Information for Quick Response Grant Recipients document which will outline the conditions for your grant.
- You will need to review Council’s Grants Policy.
- If you have any outstanding payments to Council, you will need to clear these before we can pay the grant.
- Please note that some events may require Council event approval. In this case approval must be obtained before grant funds can be paid.
For groups with an auspice, funds are usually paid directly to the auspice organisation. This organisation is responsible for ensuring the funds are spent in accordance with the application and any special conditions Council may require.
Tell us how your grant was used
After you have completed your project, you must tell us how you spent the grant money and what the outcomes of the project were. This is known as an acquittal process. You must complete the acquittal process online within 60 days of spending the money. Find out more about the acquittal process.