The City of Casey’s DAMP 2021-2025 objective is to balance the needs of pet owners and the broader Casey community, where people and pets can safely co-exist. It is aimed at promoting and educating on responsible pet ownership, the welfare of dogs and cats in the community; and protecting the community and the environment from nuisance dogs and cats.
The City of Casey DAMP has been developed through a series of consultations. The consultations have included all of Councils internal stakeholders and partners but more importantly, it included our local residents, businesses and those who visit of our municipality. The feedback and suggestions obtained through our consultations have been incorporated into the plan.
The plan covers the following:
- Identify and evaluate animal management services and training programs for Authorised Officers
- Promote and encourage responsible pet ownership
- Encourage the registration and identification of dogs and cats
- Minimise the potential for dogs and cats to create nuisance
- Minimise the risk of dog attacks in the community
- Effectively identify and manage all declared dangerous, menacing and restricted breed dogs kept within the municipality
- Address any overpopulation and high euthanasia rates for dogs and cats
- Manage all Domestic Animal Businesses within the municipality and ensure compliance with relevant Code of Practice
- Review current Local Laws and Orders to determine if they are effective
- Identify any other specific animal management issues within the City of Casey
The plan can be accessed in full via the 'download PDF' button.