Nature of the Rules and Authorising Provision
The City of Casey is constituted as a municipal Council under the Local Government Act 2020.The Council is a body corporate and is required to have a common seal, used in conjunction with any local law.
These are the Governance Rules of Casey City Council. The Governance Rules are made under, and in accordance with section 60 of the Local Government Act 2020.
These Rules should be read in the context of, and in conjunction with:
- the overarching governance and supporting principles specified in section 9 of the Act
- the following documents endorsed by Council:
- The Governance and Integrity Framework
- The Governance Strategy
- Councillor Code of Conduct
- Public Transparency Policy
- Community Engagement Policy