The Thompsons Road Precinct is located in Clyde North. The precinct is bounded by Thompsons Road, Hardys Road, Berwick-Cranbourne Road and Smiths Lane and Pound Road. The Clyde Creek growth area is located on Casey's eastern growth front.
The Berwick Waterways Precinct is a residential precinct. The main features within the precinct are the four distinct wetlands integrated with local parks.
Precinct Structure Plan
The Future Urban Structure Plan below demonstrates how the precinct will be developed over time. It identifies the location of roads, housing, employment and local parks.
- Area covered by the Precinct Structure Plan - approximately 694 hectares
- Estimated number of dwellings - 6,500 homes
- Estimated future population - 18,200 people
- Estimated number of local jobs - over 8,900 jobs
Infrastructure within the precinct will be funded by contributions from landowners. The Clyde Development Contributions Plan (DCP) applies to the Thompsons Road PSP. The Clyde Development Contributions Plan (DCP):
- identifies the location for schools, community facilities local parks and roads
- establishes a framework for the collection of funding for infrastructure and services
- ensure the cost is shared between the various developers and the wider community
More information about the Thompsons Road precinct can be found in the following documents:
- Thompsons Road Precinct Structure Plan
- Clyde Development Contribution Plan.
Access these documents from the Victorian Planning Authority website.
For any further enquiries, please contact the City Planning Department