The Cranbourne West Precinct is located in Cranbourne West. The precinct is bounded by Thompsons Road to the north, Western Port Highway to the west, Ballarto Road Reserve and the Ranfurlie Golf Club in the south and Evans Road and Cranbourne-Frankston Road in the east.
The Cranbourne West precinct includes a mix of residential and employment uses.
Precinct Structure Plan
The Future Urban Structure Plan below demonstrates how the precinct will be developed over time. It identifies the location of roads, housing, employment and local parks.
- Area covered by the Precinct Structure Plan - approximately 783 ha
- Estimated number of dwellings - 4,477 homes
- Estimated future population - 12,560 people
- Estimated number of local jobs - up to 16,762 jobs
Infrastructure within the precinct will be funded by contributions from landowners. The Cranbourne West Development Contributions Plan (DCP):
- identifies the location for schools, community facilities local parks and roads
- establishes a framework for the collection of funding for infrastructure and services
- ensure the cost is shared between the various developers and the wider community
More information about the Cranbourne West precinct can be found in the following documents:
- Cranbourne West Precinct Structure Plan
- Cranbourne West Development Contributions Plan
Access these documents from the Victorian Planning Authority website.
For any further inquiries, please contact the Growth and Investment Department: