On this page
The Cranbourne East precinct is bounded by Brocker Street to the north and Berwick-Cranbourne Road to the east. The Leongatha Rail Reserve is located to the south and south-west.
The Cranbourne East Precinct is a residential precinct. The main feature within the site is Casey Fields and the future Cranbourne East train station.
Precinct structure plan
The Future Urban Structure Plan below demonstrates how the precinct will be developed over time. It identifies the location of roads, housing, employment and local parks.
- Area covered by the Precinct Structure Plan - approximately 589 hectares
- Estimated number of dwellings - 6,600 homes
- Estimated future population - 20,000 people
- Estimated number of local jobs - over 3,000 jobs
Infrastructure within the precinct will be funded by contributions from landowners. The Cranbourne East Development Contributions Plan (DCP):
- identifies the location for schools, community facilities local parks and roads
- establishes a framework for the collection of funding for infrastructure and services
- ensure the cost is shared between the various developers and the wider community
Further information about the Cranbourne East precinct can be found in the following documents:
- Cranbourne East Precinct Structure Plan
- Cranbourne East Development Contribution Plan.
Access these documents from the Victorian Planning Authority website.
For any further inquiries, please contact the Growth and Investment Department:
- via phone – 9705 5200
- via email – [email protected]