When a design for a single Class 1 building (dwelling) and associated Class 10 buildings (fences, carport, garages sheds or the like) does not comply with the requirements of Part 5 of the Building Regulations 2018 (ResCode), an application for Report and Consent may be required.
Please discuss with the relevant building surveyor engaged for the issue of the building permit prior to making an application.
Your application for a siting variation should include the following:
- Siting Variation Application form. Ensure you select the relevant regulation.
- A set of properly prepared plans, that clearly demonstrate the proposal in terms of appearance and construction including full dimensions drawn to scale, plan and side elevation view, and location of adjoining properties, including front and side setbacks, window locations and other important information.
- A design brief which outlines the reasons for seeking special consideration. Ensure the design brief is clear and legible. Include design considerations for non-compliance and address the Ministerial Guideline.
- Adjoining/nearby property owners comments regarding variation to siting regulations form in cases where owners of nearby properties are required to be consulted.
- A copy of title for the property, no older than 3 months to date of submission to Council (to include any associated Covenants, 173 agreements, MCPs, building envelopes, etc).
- A copy of the approved plan of subdivision for the property.
- The Credit Card Payment form if you wish to pay by credit card. Fees may also be paid by cheque or through our customer service centre.
The application fee is $290.40 per regulation. This fee is non-refundable and valid until 30 June 2020.
How to submit
Submit your completed form and payment:
What happens next?
Complete applications will be processed within 15 business days.
For further information please refer to the following web links:
Due to recent and substantial amendments to the Building Act 1993, Building Interim Regulations 2017 and the implementation of the New Building Regulations 2018 – links to documentation supplied by the Victorian Building Authority are currently under review and links will be provided when this information is made available.