On this page
The Berwick Waterways Precinct is located in Berwick. The precinct connects to the existing community via Centre Road, Homestead Road and Ward Road. The Melbourne Water retarding basin is located to the North and the Hallam Valley Contour drain is located to the west.
The Berwick Waterways Precinct is a residential precinct. The main features within the precinct are the four distinct wetlands integrated with local parks.
Precinct structure plan
The Future Urban Structure Plan below demonstrates how the precinct will be developed over time. It identifies the location of roads, housing, employment and local parks.
Access the full Berwick Waterways Precinct Structure Plan.
You can also view the Vision for Remaining Growth Areas.
- The Precinct is approximately 85.5 hectares in size
- Estimated number of dwellings - 924 homes
- Estimated future population - 2,586 people
- Estimated number of local jobs - over 380 jobs.
Infrastructure within the precinct will be funded by contributions from landowners.
The Berwick Waterways Development Contributions Plan (DCP):
- identifies the location for schools, community facilities local parks and roads
- establishes a framework for the collection of funding for infrastructure and services
- ensure the cost is shared between the various developers and the wider community
More information about the Berwick Waterways precinct can be found in the following documents:
- Berwick Waterways Precinct Structure Plan
- Berwick Waterways Development Contribution Plan
Access these documents from the Victorian Planning Authority website.
For any further enquiries, please contact the Growth and Investment Department:
- via phone – 9705 5200
- via email – [email protected]