Skip to main content

Apply for a flooding application

Before a building permit, you may need a flooding application if the land is prone to flooding. If you are unsure whether a property is located within land subject to flooding, you may obtain a Property Information Certificate from Council.

Before lodging your application, please discuss with the private building surveyor engaged for the issue of the building permit, as exemptions may apply.


An application fee of $290.40 applies. Fees are non-refundable and valid until 30 June 2021.

How to apply

To apply for a flooding application:

  • Complete the Flooding Application form
  • Attach a set of properly prepared plans that demonstrate the proposal in terms of appearance and construction. These should include full dimensions drawn to scale, plan and elevation view, a copy of the approved plan of subdivision for the property. In certain circumstances, the plans may be requested to include finished floor levels to Australian Height Datum (AHD).
  • Use the Credit Card Payment Form to pay by credit card. 

Submit your completed form and payment:

The application can be lodged by the owner, builder, architect, draftsperson or any properly authorised agent of the owner. However, it is recommended that the application be made either by or in consultation with, the relevant building surveyor.

What happens next?

Complete applications will be processed within 15 business days.  

More information

For further information regarding flooding requirements, see VBA - Flood Hazard Areas and Building Regulations.