Skip to main content

Emergency contacts and advice

Alert iconEmergency contactCall '000' if you require immediate assistance from either the police, fire brigade or ambulance services.

Other resources

vic emergency logo

Are you prepared for an emergency?
Use this link to learn about types of emergency risks, and how you and your family can prepare for them.

vic emergency logo

Real-time emergency information on bushfires, floods, road closures and other weather events.  Call 1800 226 226

Victoria Police

Victoria Police (VicPol)
24 hours a day, seven days a week, working to keep everyone safe. Call 000 for life-threatening emergencies

Find my Local Police Station
Call 131 444 for non-urgent crimes or events or report online

Ambulance Victoria

Ambulance Victoria (AV)
Provide high-quality emergency medical response, including pre-hospital care and medical transport.  Call 000 for life-threatening emergencies

CFA logo

Country Fire Authority (CFA)
Information on fire danger ratings, total fire ban days, fire danger period restrictions, emergency warnings and preparedness.  Call 000 for life-threatening emergencies

Fire rescue victoria

Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV)
Information on home fire safety including smoke alarms.  Call 000 for life-threatening emergencies

SES logo

Victoria State Emergency Services (SES)
Provides emergency assistance for fires, fallen trees and weather events like floods and storms. Call 000 for life-threatening emergencies

When to call SES on 132 500

Energy Safe Victoria logo

Energy Safe Victoria (ESV)
Independent body responsible for utility safety including electricity and gas. Call 000 for life-threatening emergencies

What to do and who to call in an emergency including gas and power outages
Melbourne Water

Melbourne Water
Manages and protects major water resources across Melbourne.  24/7 Emergencies and public safety 131 722

South East Water

South East Water
Manages and protects major water resources in the South Eastern suburbs. 24/7 Emergencies 132 812

Check what’s happening in your area
VicRoads logo

VicRoads - Traffic
Real-time updates on traffic alerts, roadworks and road closures.

Parks Victoria

Parks Victoria (PV)
Situated in the City of Casey, Lysterfield Park is the perfect place to explore nature with friends with a huge variety of recreational activities.  Call 13 19 63

Animal welfare

Planning for pets in Emergencies
Approximately 61% of households in Australia own pets, and prepare for and practice their evacuation plan too.


dispute centre of victoria logo


Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria (DSCV)
Provide neighbourhood dispute resolution services to avoid taking legal action (I.e. rentals, fences, trees, drainage, privacy, behaviour, pets and noise). Call 1300 372 888 or submit a contact form


    Have you found the information you were looking for?