There are two types of Property Information Certificates you can apply for to find information on your home.
Building Regulations 2018 – Part 51 (1)
Applications for Part 51 (1) are used for information often included in the Section 32s for a property that is being sold.
The following information is provided on a Part 51 (1) certificate:
- Details of any permit or certificate of final inspection issued in the preceding 10 years
- Details of any current notice and/or order issued by the relevant building surveyor under the Act
Building Regulations 2018 - Part 51 (2)
Applications for Part 51 (2) are used for any vacant or established property where you intend to build. This information is usually obtained by Building Surveyors, Architects, associated professionals, or even property owners, so that they may ensure the design of proposed building works meets regulatory requirements.
The following information is provided on a Part 51 (2) certificate:
- Flood prone. Reg 153
- Termite Area. Reg 151
- Alpine area/significant snowfalls. Reg 152
- Designated land uncontrolled Overland drainage. Reg154
Both certificates carry a fee of $47.90 each.
To receive both certificates, you must pay a fee of $95.80.
Fees are non-refundable and valid until 1 July 2021.
How to request
To apply for either or both certificates, complete these forms:
- Property Information form
- Credit Card Payment form if you wish to pay by credit card. Fees may also be paid by cheque or through our customer service centre.
Submit your completed form and payment:
What happens next?
We will process your application form within 7 days.