On this page
You can conduct your wedding ceremony between 7:00am and 6:00pm every day of the week. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate ceremonies and photography outside of these times.
Weddings cannot be booked on Christmas Day and Good Friday.
You can choose from 5 scenic locations for your ceremony. Each site is booked exclusively for you for 2 hours. Before, during and after your ceremony, you are free to move around the Park at your leisure and utilise all locations for your wedding photography.
While we make sure your site booking is exclusive, the rest of the park is open to the general public. We will use a reservation sign to notify people that there will be a wedding ceremony taking place.
There may also be other events or functions in the park which coincide with your wedding ceremony.
- A site booking for 2 hours (inclusive of set-up and pack up)
- Up to 40 chairs.
- An extra 30 minutes each for set up and pack up (for a total booking time of 2 hours).
- A table and 2 chairs for signing the register (staff will set these up and collect them).
- A VIP bridal vehicle entry pass for up to 2 vehicles.
- A wedding photography permit. Your bridal party can stay in the park to take your wedding photos, provided they do not interfere with other bookings.
- Marquees and free standing umbrellas cannot be set up within the park, although we allow hand-held umbrellas.
- Your guests cannot use confetti or rice. We only allow rose petals or bubbles.
- You must complete your ceremony within the booked time. Late arrivals impact on other bookings and additional charges will apply for extra time.
Bridal vehicles and parking
We will provide you with two vehicle permits to allow up to two bridal vehicles to be driven to the location of your ceremony.
Once the passenger(s) have been dropped off, the bridal vehicle(s) must exit the park immediately. They can then use the public car park if necessary.
We do not allow stretch limousines and hummers over 9 metres into the park.
Your guests can park in the public car park located onsite, although parking is limited.
As our car park becomes quite busy on weekends, we encourage your guests to utilise our complimentary Park' n Ride shuttle service between Federation Uni and the Visitors Centre. This service is only available throughout the daylight savings season.
Federation Uni is located only 2 km from the Park and just off the Clyde Road freeway exit. The shuttles are modern 12-seaters and can accommodate for accessibility needs. The 1st shuttle leaves Federation Uni at 10.00 am and runs on a continuous loop, with the last shuttle leaving the Park at 5.00 pm.
All guests access the park via the main entrance. Please consider the walking distance for guests with disabilities when choosing the location of your wedding ceremony.
Wheelchairs and mobility scooters are available for loan from the Park’s Visitors Centre between 10.00 am – 4.00 pm.
Your wedding booking includes 40 chairs. We will set up these chairs and remove them after your ceremony.
If you have booked our 4 hour ceremony package, you may choose an external company to provide chairs for your guests. The external company must provide public liability insurance cover before the wedding date to allow vehicle access into the park.
2 hour package
- The 2 hour package is inclusive of your set up and pack up time. You can supply your own decorations and you can set up the site yourself or with family and friends. There is no vehicle access included.
- You must ensure all decorations are walked into the park through the front entrance. We provide trolleys for loan from the Park’s Visitors Centre between 10.00am – 4.00pm.
4 hour package
As part of the 4 hour ceremony package, your decorator will have vehicle access to the site to drop off decorations, set up and pack up.
- You can decorate your booked location provided you outline the items you want to use on your application form, or through discussion with staff at least 7 days before the wedding. This ensures we can accommodate your needs at the location. You cannot tape or tie decorations to any structures or trees in the park.
- If you use red carpet, it must have a hessian backing (rubber backing burns the grass).
- You can use standing archways. They must weighted down as pegging them into the ground is not allowed within the park.
We allow acoustic instruments or sound systems for background music, but please keep the volume at a suitable level. This will minimise the impact on other visitors and neighbours of the park. Please consider any licencing requirement obligations you may have with your chosen music.
Power is available at Lakeside, Fairy Dell, Amphitheatre, The Dome and the Rose Garden. There is no power available at the Rotunda.
Cancellations and changes
For more information, please view our Terms and Conditions.
Please review the information and use the form on Weddings at Wilson Botanic Park.