Old Cheese Factory now open
From 6pm Friday 26 March 2021 - in accordance with COVIDSafe restrictions - the following rules apply:
- Indoor and outdoor hire subject to density quotient of 1 person per 2m2
- Weddings, funerals and religious gatherings are subject to density quotient of 1 person per 2m2
- 1.5m social distancing to be maintained.
|Old Shop||26 people|
|Springfield Room||22 people|
|Arts Studio||20 people|
|Function Room||84 people|
|Upper and Lower Gallery||20 people|
- Face masks to be carried at all times and recommended where 1.5m social distancing cannot be maintained
- All visitors and guests must register their attendance via the provided QR code.
Expression of Interest for Art Studios' Creative Activation Now Open
We are seeking Expressions of Interest for creative activation of the newly established Hayshed Arts Space and Arts Studio at the Old Cheese Factory. This will support the creative community and visitors to the Old Cheese Factory emerging from the Coronavirus pandemic and Victorian Government restrictions.
To support our creative community emerging from COVID-19 we are offering
- Discounted hire fees from Monday 4 January 2021 to Wednesday 31 March 2021 for activities held in the Hayshed Arts Space and the Arts Studio. For information discounted fees contact the Old Cheese Factory.
- Access to the adjoining Springfield Room at a packaged price.
- Promotional support for your activities through sharing your information on Casey Arts and Old Cheese Factory communication channels.
See below for further information:
- Submit an expression of interest
- 2021 EOI Art Studios Creative Activation
- COVIDSafe Events Checklist
Explore the Old Cheese Factory
Step back in time and explore the historic Old Cheese Factory.
Featuring the 1860s historic Springfield Homestead, Cheese Factory and Kitchen Wash House, the Old Cheese Factory stands as a tall reminder of Australia’s early history.
We also offer beautiful gardens, a large children’s playground and barbecue/picnic facilities.