The Friends of Wilson Botanic Park Berwick is an active community group that guides the development of the park.
Our role is to:
- Encourage appreciation of the natural environment and its value to the community.
- Guide the development of the park.
- Conduct lectures, functions and activities associated with the park (or related interests).
- Encourage preservation, research and study of the history and ecology of the park.
- Help with the general promotion and operation of the park.
Opportunities for Friends
You can become involved with The Friends of Wilson Botanic Park Berwick in many ways.
You can join a working bee to keep the park looking beautiful. We run these on the third Saturday of the month.
You can help propagate and grow plants. We use these in the park and sell them at special events.
You can provide information about the park to visitors and help them with their experience.
You can conduct guided tours of the park for clubs and social groups.
You can help plan and run events at the park.
Organisation and development
You can take an active role on the Friends executive committee or one of the subcommittees.
Benefits of membership
As a Friend of Wilson Botanic Park Berwick, you will meet new people, including many with a keen interest in gardens. You will also enjoy the benefits of membership, including:
- Guest speakers
- Social activities
- Special ‘Friends only’ events
- Botanical advice and information
- Monthly Friends’ Day in the park
- Quarterly newsletter
You can stay informed about what's happening in the park via our quarterly meetings and newsletters. You will also find out about how you can help with our projects and activities.
- Individual $20
- Family $30
- Pensioner Single $15
- Pensioner Couple $20
- Junior/Student $5
New member fee of $5.00 on application.
A fee if $10 is charged if you prefer a copy of the newsletter to be mailed each edition.
Application for membership
New members are always welcome. Please complete and detach the application form and forward it, together with your payment to:
Wilson Botanic Park
PO Box 412
Berwick VIC 3806
Enquiries: 9705 5599
The membership period is from 1 October to 30 September.
View the Friends Information and Application form.