Set among towering trees, lush vegetation and situated less than 200 meters from the park entrance, the Lower Shelter feels like a hidden natural oasis, secluded from the main walking paths.
This undercover venue, equipped with BBQ facilities can be reserved for all types of activities and is conveniently located close to the playground, Anniversary Lake and The Little Red Train Station. The Little Red Train operates on weekends, public holidays and during school holidays.
The Lower Shelter is an idyllic space to be at one with nature, and enjoy the great outdoors with family and friends.
Make a booking
To hire any of the facilities, please complete the Facilities Booking form.
Please submit your completed booking application via:
Wilson Botanic Park Berwick
PO Box 1000
Narre Warren VIC 3805
Fax: 03 9769 5726
- Secluded from the main pathway
- Double plated electric BBQ
- Access to power and water
- 2 large undercover picnic tables
- 2 outdoor picnic tables
- Toilet access at Visitors Centre or Multipurpose Room
- Functions: $145 for 3 hours and $45 per extra hour
- Lower Shelter and Fairy Dell $235 for 3 hours and $70 per extra hour
- Community (not-for-profit) groups: $19 per hour (weekdays only)
- Commercial groups: $27 per hour
View the full price list.
Events suited to the venue
- Family functions
- Christmas parties