Set among towering trees and lush vegetation, the Lower Shelter feels like a hidden natural oasis secluded from the main walking paths. This undercover venue is conveniently equipped with BBQ facilities and is located close to the playground and Anniversary Lake. It is an idyllic space to be at one with nature and enjoy the great outdoors with family and friends.
- Capacity for 50 guests
- Secluded from the main pathway
- Double-plated electric BBQ
- Access to power and water
- 2 large undercover picnic tables
- 2 outdoor picnic tables
- Toilet access at Visitors Centre or Multipurpose Room
- Wheelchair accessible (with assistance)
- 150 metres from the park entrance.
For parties and private functions of a general nature, use our quick and easy booking system.
Please ensure you have also read and understood our Terms & Conditions prior to submitting your booking.
If you are unable to book your preferred date, please contact our visitor's centre via:
Facility hire fees
For parties and private functions of a general nature:
- $150.00 for a minimum of 3 hours
- $45.00 for each additional hour.
As Wilson Botanic Park is a botanic garden, we do not allow:
- alcohol consumption
- vehicle access into the gardens
- erection of marquees or any shade structures.
Have you found the information you were looking for?