The City of Casey provides funding to community groups or clubs to deliver centre based meals under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). Registered members must be aged 65 and over or 50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples residing in the City of Casey.
Group social meals benefit the community by:
- creating opportunities to connect and celebrate culture and diversity
- encouraging participation in events and programs
- promoting independent living
- providing access to nutritious, safe and culturally appropriate food
- reducing isolation and loneliness.
Council will subsidise $4.70 per meal served to eligible Casey residents. The number of subsidised meals is based on the selected funding tier.
A meal must be a substantial 2 course meal. Morning or afternoon tea is not considered a main meal.
Funding is for 12 months of the financial year, and interested groups must apply for funding on an annual basis. Community Groups are required to report their meals numbers monthly to be reimbursed.
|Up to $7,000 1,489 meals per annum
|Up to $3,750 / 798 meals per annum
|Up to $625 / 156 meals per annum
To be eligible for a Meals Subsidy Grant, an organisation must:
- Be a not-for-profit community organisation, incorporated association or similar type of entity
- Offer the community meal within the City of Casey municipality
- Maintain public liability insurance of no less than $20 million and provide a current certificate of insurance
- A majority of the group members must reside within Casey and be aged 60 and over
How to apply
In order to provide fair and equitable funding to all of our interested MSP groups, all applications must address an outlined selection criteria via an online application form. The form will be made available on this page towards the end of March 2024.
Applicants notified of outcome