About the TAC L2P program
The TAC L2P Program helps disadvantaged Victorian learner drivers. These young drivers (aged 16 to 21) do not have access to a supervising driver or vehicle to gain the 120 hours driving experience needed to apply for a probationary licence. Learner drivers aged 21 to 23 will be considered case by case.
The Transport Accident Commission (TAC) and Department of Transport (DoT) funds this program. It is also supported by the Victorian Government and coordinated by the City of Casey.
The success of Casey’s L2P Program is possible due to the ongoing support from Berwick Motor Group who supplied two fully maintained vehicles used for the program.
You will be matched with a fully licensed mentor and have access to a vehicle, which you can use to get your 120 hours of supervised driving experience.
For more information, download the L2P Learner Handbook for details.
To be eligible, you must:
- live in the City of Casey
- be between 16 and 21 years old
- hold a current Victorian learner's permit
- not have access to a supervising driver or vehicle
- be financially disadvantaged (for example, you, or your parents/carers, receive Centrelink payments)
Due to very high demand, there may be a delay of up to 12 months between when you submit your application and when we can assign you to a mentor driver.
How to apply
- To apply for the program, please complete the Learner Driver Application form.
- You must include a photocopy of your current learner's licence with your application.
Submit your application
Submit your application form:
What happens next
- We will contact you within 1 week to let you know we have received your application and discuss your eligibility. If you meet the eligibility criteria, we will place you on the waitlist.
- When a place becomes available, we will arrange a meeting between you and the L2P coordinator. Due to very high demand, there may be a wait of up to 12 months for a place to become available.
- If you are accepted into the program, we will pair you with a mentor driver and vehicle.
Become a volunteer mentor driver
We are always on the lookout for volunteers to join the L2P program. Find out how you can join to be a mentor driver.