The Volunteer Transport program is a service that provides transport to residents of the City of Casey by volunteers. The program aims to assist residents to remain independent and stay involved in the community.
Volunteer drivers can transport you to:
- medical appointments
- visit family at nursing homes and hospitals dependant on availability.
The volunteers drive residents to their destination and return them home again.
To access this program, you need to be able to:
- make independent decisions about your health and wellbeing
- be able to get in and out of the volunteer’s vehicle unassisted
- walk unassisted (with a mobility aid if required) the distance required to access vehicles and venues.
Our volunteers are unable to:
- push people in wheelchairs or on wheelie walkers
- assist people with dependant mobility issues
- lift wheelchairs in or out of their vehicles
- be present during medical consultations
A carer or family member may go with you in the volunteer’s vehicle for help at medical appointments.
Please make appointments after 8.30 am and before 3.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
To make a booking for this program, you will need to contact Community Care’s Volunteer Transport Officer on 9705 5444.
There is high demand for this program, however - in most cases - we can offer up to two trips per month. We recommend appointments are made with as much notice as possible, with a minimum of two weeks’ notice prior to the travel date requested.
Information required at time of booking:
- We will ask date, time and destination of your appointment. The duration of the appointment – if known - is also appreciated.
- Contact the officer as soon as possible if the appointment is cancelled or changed.
- Please contact the officer if your health, mobility and/or medical condition have changed. We may need to arrange for a review to discuss the best transport options for you.