Participating in a playgroup will provide many benefits to your family and your child.
Playgroups support your child's development through play and social interaction. At the same time, you and your family can share your experiences with other parents.
You can find out more information on babies and children from Casey's Baby Steps website.
Find a playgroup
View the list of all playgroups in Casey.
We can help you:
- join or start a new playgroup
- connect with other support services
- support the needs of your local playgroup
- answer any other questions you may have
Please call us 9705 5200 and ask for the Playgroup Development Officer.
Supported playgroups are led by a facilitator. They are free and run weekly during school terms, for eligible families with children aged 0-5 years.
At a supported playgroup, you can:
- meet other local families
- learn about your child's development
- learn more about parenting
Supported playgroups are funded by the Department of Education and Training.
We host free pop-up play sessions for children 0-5 years during school terms at various parks in Casey.
Visit the events calendar to see upcoming pop-up playgroup sessions.
Please note in the event of extreme weather the Pop-up Playgroup will be cancelled.
Please remember your hats, water and snacks.
Pop-up baby playgroup program
We are hosting pop-up and play sessions around Casey for families with babies 0-12 months only during school terms.
Mums, dads and caregivers are welcome to come along and enjoy playgroup activities with their baby and meet other local families. Activities include music, art, story, rhyme and play.
Visit the events calendar to see upcoming pop-up baby playgroup sessions.
PlayDaze sessions are free playgroups that run 3 times a year, for 2 hours each. All parents and carers are welcome to attend.
You can come to these sessions to:
- learn about positive play experiences and the value of play
- find out about the importance of play in child development
- meet local professionals and agencies in a relaxed play environment
- meet other parents and their children
Check the events calendar to find our next PlayDaze session