The L2P learner driver mentor program is a joint partnership between the City of Casey and VicRoads. The program assists young learner drivers under 21 years of age, who don't have access to a supervising driver or vehicle, gain enough driving experience to apply for their probationary licence.
You will be matched with a fully licensed mentor and have access to a vehicle, which you can use to get your 120 hours of supervised driving experience.
The L2P program is free for eligible young people and is funded by the Transport Accident Commission. The success of Casey’s L2P Program has been made possible due to the ongoing support from Berwick Motor Group who supplied two fully maintained vehicles used for the program.
For more information, download the L2P Learner Handbook for details.
To be eligible, you must:
- live in the City of Casey
- be between 16 and 21 years old
- hold a current Victorian learner's permit
- not have access to a supervising driver or vehicle
- be financially disadvantaged (for example, you, or your parents/carers, receive Centrelink payments)
Due to very high demand, there may be a delay of up to 12 months between when you submit your application and when we can assign you to a mentor driver.
How to apply
- To apply for the program, please complete the Learner Driver Application form.
- You must include a photocopy of your current learner's licence with your application.
Due to customer service centre closures, you must submit the completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot submit by email, you can post your application.
What happens next
- We will contact you to let you know we have received your application.
- When a place becomes available, we will arrange a meeting between you and the L2P coordinator. Due to very high demand, there may be a wait of up to 12 months for a place to become available.
- If you are accepted into the program, we will pair you with a mentor driver and vehicle.
Become a volunteer mentor driver
We are always on the lookout for volunteers to join the L2P program. Find out how you can join to be a mentor driver.