Skip to main content
We are working to address the impact of the storms on Tuesday 13 February.

Request a parking officer

On this page: 

Request a parking officer 

If you notice that someone is parked illegally, you can ask for a parking officer to investigate the matter.

Request a parking officer

You can also make a request online if your parking matter is about a school zone or an unregistered or abandoned vehicle.

If you cannot report online, please contact our Customer Service team by phone on 9705 5200 or by email at [email protected].

What happens next

  • A parking officer will investigate the matter as soon as possible. 
  • If your report is of a general nature, we will investigate within 10 working days of a request being received.
  • The parking officer will inspect your request and take a photo. Council cannot enforce illegal parking from a photo provided by a resident.
  • If a car is parked illegally, a fine will be issued.
  • Please be aware parking officers cannot remove or tow vehicles.

Parking officers and law enforcement

The City of Casey employs a dedicated team of parking officers to actively patrol all parking rules and respond to resident requests. 

For our community's safety, it's important that residents, businesses and visitors to Casey understand and obey parking rules.

Parking patrols in Casey enforce the Victorian Road Safety Rules 2017 and Road Safety Act 1986. These rules are set by the Victorian Government.

It is the driver's responsibility to be aware of and comply with State parking laws. Victoria Police and other authorised agencies can also enforce legislation.

    Our parking officers enforce illegal parking by issuing a parking fine to the vehicle's registered owner. These fines may be attached to a car windscreen or sent by post.

    Parking officer patrols help to:

    • improve the safety of pedestrians and cyclists
    • create a higher turnover in parking spaces
    • develop better parking behaviours in our community. 

    Parking that Council does not look after

    Not all parking areas in Casey are under Council’s control.

    Some common places where our parking officers do not have the authority to act include:

    • Railway station car parks - please contact Metro Trains 
    • Shopping centres  - please contact the property owner or management. This includes matters of parents using pram spots and parking for elderly people.

    More information

    Have you found the information you were looking for?