After your working within the road reserve permit works are complete, you must notify us within 7 days. We will conduct a final inspection of the site to ensure no damage has occurred to Council assets.
If there is no damage
We will return your security bond within 28 working days if the following requirements are met:
- All working in the road reserve works are completed in preparation for final inspection of Council assets.
- All hold and witness points are completed as required.
- All site clearance work is completed e.g. clear of debris, skips and construction materials
- All Council assets have been reinstated, including the releveling of the nature strip using topsoil and grass seed.
If there is damage
If the final inspection reveals damage to Council assets:
- We will notify the permit holder to advise of damage repairs required in accordance with Council standards and permit conditions.
- We may repair the damage at the permit holder's expense.
Where repair works have been carried out by Council to reinstate damaged assets, those costs will be deducted from the security bond. If the bond is insufficient to cover the cost of reinstatement works, the additional sum will be invoiced to the permit holder.
This process is written in accordance with the Road Management Act 2004.
How to apply
If you are unable to apply online, please complete and submit this downloadable version of the Request for Final Inspection form.
You must submit images of the site once work is complete to arrange final inspection.
To ensure your refund is not delayed, the images must:
- show full view of entire works location
- show that site clearance works are completed, e.g. clear of debris, skips and construction materials
- show that any disturbed areas of the nature strip are levelled with topsoil and seed placed
What happens next
We will review your application and inspect the site to ensure no damage or obstructions are identified to Council assets.
If the final inspection reveals no damage or obstructions to Council assets and all hold and witness points have been completed, we will return your security bond within 28 working days.
Refunds will be processed via electronic funds transfer to the banking details provided with the permit application form. If your banking details have changed since you submitted your application, you can nominate your new banking details on the request for final application form or contact us.
If the final inspection reveals damage or obstructions to Council Assets, you will receive notification of any rectifications required to be undertaken.