To use your permit, you must:
- be the driver or passenger of the vehicle displaying the permit
- display your permit so the expiry date and number can be seen from outside the vehicle
- make sure your permit has not expired
Where you can park
After you apply, you may receive either a Category One or Category Two permit.
Category One - Wide Space
Category Two - Double Time
Your permit is valid Australia-wide. Please check the VicRoads website for more information about using your disabled parking permit.
How we check valid permits
We conduct routine checks to make sure disabled parking permits are valid. This helps keep disabled parking spaces available for people who need them.
When using your permit, you may be asked by an Authorised Officer to provide:
- your name and address
- your driver's licence
- your valid disabled parking permit
- proof that the permit holder is in the vehicle
The Authorised Officer will ask you to move the vehicle from the reserved space if:
- your permit is not valid
- there is not enough proof that the permit holder is present