Under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008, our Environmental Health Officers can inspect any business that is involved with providing health and wellbeing services.
We conduct inspections without giving prior notice. Inspections can occur at any time during business trading hours. Our inspections focus on a wide range of issues including:
- cleanliness of premises and equipment
- personal hygiene
- sterilisation processes
- record keeping
Inspection during the registration process
After you have completed the building or renovation work detailed in your plans, we will conduct a final inspection. This is to ensure the completed work meets the plans and relevant legislative requirements. If we are satisfied that your proposed health and beauty business meets these requirements, we will issue your business registration within 5 working days.
Request an inspection
If you are buying or selling a health or beauty business, you can request an inspection prior to settlement to ensure the premises complies with the requirements of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.
There is a fee of $235 for an inspection to occur.
How to request an inspection
To request an inspection, please complete a Request for Inspection of Premises Form.
You can submit the form and payment:
- by post
- in person at a customer service centre
- by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- to pay via credit card, please also complete and submit a credit card authorisation form
What happens next
- An Environmental Health Officer will contact you to organise an inspection time.
- We will provide you with an inspection report 5 business days after the inspection. This report will identify anywhere your premises isn't meeting the requirements of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.