Contact the Environmental Health Team
We recommend you contact our Environmental Health Team before you apply to register your food business. They can give you advice and recommendations that will assist you in making a complete application with Council.
To apply to register a food premise, you:
- must know what the classification of your food business is (our application form can help you determine this)
- have a Food Safety Program (class 1 and 2 food businesses only)
- have a Food Safety Supervisor (class 1 and 2 food business only)
- understand the relevant fees that apply to your registration
How to apply
To apply to register your new food business, please complete the Register a Food Premises form.
You can submit the form and payment:
What happens next
- We may need to inspect your proposed food business to make sure it is satisfactory.
- If the inspection is satisfactory, we will complete the registration within 5 working days.
- If we require further information to assess your application, we may need to contact you.
Upon receipt of relevant documentation, payment of fees, and satisfactory inspection, we will issue your certificate of registration within 5 working days. If we require further information to assess your application an Environmental Health Officer will contact you.