Skip to main content

Apply for a personal training permit

New pilot program for outdoor fitness trainers

Skip the Permit is a new pilot program which removes the permit process and fee for outdoor fitness trainers who use selected City of Casey Council reserves. Businesses participating in the pilot can submit an online form and begin fitness training straight away, avoiding the processing time and fees of the permit system. Learn more and apply by visiting Backing Business in Casey.


You must apply for a permit to run personal training or group exercise sessions in Council reserves.


Allocation Sessions per week Cost
When successful application is granted a $500.00 bond is required  
Monthly Up to 5 sessions per week $106 per month
invoiced monthly
Winter Apr 1 to Sep 30
Up to 5 sessions per week $365 per season
Summer Oct 1 to Mar 31
6 – 10 sessions per week $467 per season
must be renewed by Jan 31 each year

Up to 5 sessions per week

$560 annually
must be renewed by Jan 31 each year
6 – 10 sessions per week $745 annually

Fees provide unlimited use of one reserve only during days and times listed on the permit.

You must have public liability insurance

You must hold public liability insurance with a minimum of $20 million to receive a permit. The permit must be held in the name of the applicant and contain the following clause:

The Permit Holder agrees to indemnify and to keep indemnified, the City of Casey (the Council), its servants and agents, and each of them from and against all actions, costs, claims, charges, expenses, penalties, demands and damages whatsoever which may be brought or made or claimed against them, or any of them, in connection with the Permit Holder's performance or purported performance of its obligations under this Permit and be directly related to the negligent acts, errors or omission of the Permit Holder. The Permit Holder's liability to indemnify the Council shall be reduced proportionally to the extent that an act of omission of the Council, its servants or agents, contributed to the loss or liability.

How to apply

What happens next

  • We will contact you to advise on the outcome of your application.
  • If your application is successful, you will be sent a letter, invoice and bond.

Renew an existing permit

  • Once you have successfully obtain a permit, you will receive a letter from Council to renew your permit and the relevant fees.
  • All renewals (except for monthly renewals) must to be renewed by 31 January each year.


You can cancel your permit by emailing [email protected].


You can make a complaint about a personal training or exercise session in a Council reserve. To make your complaint, contact us and provide the day, location and time where the session was held.

Talk to us

We’re here to help you. We encourage you to talk to us before you submit your permit application. This could save you time and help you to submit your application correctly.

To talk to our Sport and Leisure team:

Have you found the information you were looking for?