Skip to main content

Animal cruelty and wildlife rescue

Council officers are not authorised to investigate animal cruelty matters, such as intentional harm and neglect. If you believe someone is intentionally harming an animal, you can report them anonymously to:

Puppy farms

Puppy farms are illegal and will be investigated by Council or the RSPCA. If you are concerned that someone may be operating a puppy farm please contact Council:

Further information on puppy farming can be found at the Victorian State Government agricultural website.


Wildlife Rescue

Council officers are not authorised to handle injured wildlife. If you find an injured animal you should:


Have you found the information you were looking for?