Skip to main content

Other pests


If you see a snake, you should leave it alone. Snakes will mostly move on if they are not disturbed or agitated. It is illegal to harm a snake, as per the Wildlife Act 1975.

The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) has more information on snakes and other reptiles.

Report a snake on Council land

If you see a snake on Council land, you can report it to us. You must be prepared to stay and watch the snake if you make a report. This is because the snake may disappear by the time we get someone to come and catch it.

To make a report, please contact us.

We do not deal with snakes on private land. If you see a snake on your property, you should call a snake catcher.


If you are having problems with possums, you can hire a professional to help remove them. Possums are protected under the Wildlife Act 1975. You cannot harm or capture them without a proper trap.

DELWP has more information about possums.

Other problem animals

If you are having problems with other animals, you can:


Have you found the information you were looking for?