Skip to main content

Update pet registration

Transfer from another council

Council accepts pet registration transfers from another Council in Victoria.

To process the transfer of registration from another Council, we require the Animal Registration Transfer from another Victorian Council form to be completed and proof of payment from the previous Council. Please email the completed form and proof of payment to [email protected] 

Please note that we do not provide free transfer of registration from another Council, between 1 January and 10 April for the upcoming registration period.

For transfers between 1 January and 10 April, please submit a new registration.

If your pet was registered in another state or you cannot provide proof of payment from a previous Council, you must register it again.

Renew your registration

After you have transferred your registration to Casey, you must renew it each year.

If you are eligible for a reduced fee registration, you must let us know during renewal time. If you do not let us know, you will be charged the full registration fee.

Make a registration renewal enquiry

Visit the Agriculture Victoria website to find out more about pet registration fees.

Change of address

Please use the appropriate online form to notify us that you pet's registration address has changed:

Update a registered address for a dog

Update a registered address for a cat 

Transfer from another owner

To transfer your pet's registration from another owner, please complete a pet registration transfer form and email the completed form to [email protected]

From owners outside of Casey 

If your animal’s previous owner lived outside of Casey you will need to complete a new registration.

You'll need to provide:

  • the pet's microchip number
  • the pet's animal ID (find this on the pet's registration renewal notice)
  • details of the previous owner
  • your details

If you wish to pay by credit card, please complete and submit a Credit Card Authorisation form.

Submit your application

Submit your application form and payment:

Transfer from another pet

If your pet has died you can transfer its registration to a new pet. If your pet died before 10 June you can get a full transfer of fees. If your pet has died between 10 June and 10 of October, you can transfer 50% of your fee.

Transfer of registration will incur a $4.10 government levy fee. Please complete a pet registration form and email to [email protected].

You can also cancel your pet's registration or notify us if your dog is deceased or cat is deceased.