Calling all Casey kids, teachers, and schools!
Are you looking for some fun, engaging activities this National Recycling Week (9 – 15 November 2020)? Passionate about recycling and want to share your knowledge?
We are inviting students in Casey to create their own ‘Recycle Right’ campaign to teach their household, school and wider community what items can and cannot be recycled in the City of Casey.
The winner will receive a year’s National Geographic Kids subscription and a $500 Bunnings voucher for their school to use on waste and/or sustainability items.
The campaign can be as creative as you like and may be in the form of a short story, poem, comic, poster or short animation.
To help teachers encourage their students to enter, we have created a range of resources to help you guide your students.
Download our FREE ‘Recycle Right’ curriculum-aligned lesson plans and student activities. Suitable for school-based or remote learning, these resources have been specifically designed for Casey schools to take the guess work out of recycling and support learning beyond the classroom.
- Rubbish or Recycling lesson plan - Suitable for Foundation to Level 2.
- Recycling Researchers lesson plan - Suitable for Level 3 – Level 6.
- Recycle Right student resources - Download printable lesson resources for each lesson.
- Find out what items can and cannot be recycled in the City of Casey here and create your ‘Recycle Right’ campaign.
- Send either the file attachment or a photograph of your campaign to email@example.com along with your name, age, school and school details.
- All entrants must provide parental consent for their entry to be eligible.
Entries close on 22 November 2020 at 9.00 pm. The winning entry will be randomly selected from eligible entries and notified by email by 30 November 2020.
View the terms and conditions.