The City of Casey is divided into a number of areas, called wards. Councillors are elected to represent each ward. Use Your Property to find out what ward you belong to.
The first property to be established in the southern section of the municipality was Balla Balla. It was a run of 6,000 acres leased by Robert Innes Allan in 1839. 'Allan's station' as it was known was a little to the South East of the later run of the same name. The lease was transferred to C.J. Haslewood in March 1848.
In 1850, the home run was merged into a new Balla Balla of 3,840 acres. The original homestead (which today operates as a Red Poll Cattle Stud) is on the south side of Baxter Tooradin Road, approximately 1.5km west of Cannons Creek Road.
The property owned by Captain Robert Gardiner was originally named Melville Park. It was was renamed Edrington in 1910. The run covered the Berwick Village area and as far North as Harkaway.
The house is located at 132 High Street, Berwick.
From the original homestead name on the Grassmere Estate which covered a large area including a considerable portion of Endeavour Hills.
The house is located at 13 Cardigan Street, Endeavour Hills.
From a large property in the Cranbourne area which was originally 1,000 acres. On being subdivided, one of the farms became known as Mayfield Park.
The first pasteurised milk in the Melbourne area was reputed to have been produced at the farm.
River Gum is named after the many river red gum trees which are a feature of the Hampton Park area. A row of significant river gum trees along Pound Road is protected under the Casey Planning Scheme.
The Springfield Homestead was reputedly built around 1855. The land was originally known as 'The Springs'. It became known as Springfield in 1904, following subdivision and includes the Old Cheese Factory.
Springfield is located at 34 Homestead Road, Berwick.
Wards before the November 2005 Council Elections
The original property was owned by Sydney Webb and in 1902. After subdivision into 50 acre blocks, the residence 'Araluen' was built and further added to in 1926.
The homestead is located at 301-331 Narre Warren North Road, Narre Warren.
The site originally had an historic property, and is now known for its garden and trees. In the 1880's the property was owned by Sydney J. Webb, who was involved with opening of Narre Warren Station, the Primary School and the Mechanics Institute.
The property is on the Princes Highway in Narre Warren.
From the dairy farm holding which was established at the turn of the 20th century in the Doveton/Eumemmerring area.
Myuna Farm is the only public community farm in South Eastern Melbourne and is open every day to the public. It is located at 182 Kidds Road, Doveton.
The site of Oatlands was originally a large property, dating from the 1840's. The homestead was built in the 1890's and is of regional significance.
The homestead is located in The Elms, Narre Warren.
The homestead of Strathard has high local significance, having been owned by notable residents, especially Sydney Alexander Greaves and 'Nana' Greaves in the 1930's and 1940's.
The property is situated in Oldhome Court, Narre Warren South.