We are always on the lookout for volunteers to join the TAC L2P program. Find out how you can join a dedicated team of mentors who have assisted hundreds of learners to get their licence.
Volunteer mentors need to:
- be over 21 years old
- be able to work with young people from diverse backgrounds
- be able to take on a coaching role rather than an instructing role
- hold a current full driver’s license
- have a safe driving history with no serious offences recorded
- have time to commit for a minimum of 6 months
- have a clear Criminal History information(National Crime Check).
To join the L2P program as a mentor, you need:
- Obtain a Volunteer Working with Children’s check
- Undergo the City of Casey Police Check with 100 points of original ID
Apply to become a mentor
You must complete the Mentor Expression of Interest form to become a mentor driver.
Due to customer service centre closures, you must submit the completed application by email to email@example.com.
If you cannot submit by email, you can post your application.
What happens next
- We will contact you within 1 week to discuss volunteer positions
- You may be asked to participate in an interview with the L2P Coordinator
- If successful, you will complete the VicRoads and City of Casey Child Safe Standards Training