As part of the important removal of the dangerous level crossing on Clyde Road, Berwick, the Victorian Government has an online survey asking for community feedback.
This is an opportunity for our residents to have their say on the design, connection and safety improvements to help ensure the best possible outcome.
The City of Casey is calling for an updated design for the project that will better serve residents, commuters, pedestrians and visitors.
We want a leading-edge rail precinct, and we are sure you do too. It is simple to have your say; copy our prepared responses below or add your own by Monday 25 May 2020.
Take the survey on the Your Level Crossings Vic website and join us in asking for:
1. A new Berwick Railway Station - upgrade the ageing station to complement the new bus interchange and new car park and make this a leading edge rail precinct.
2. An integrated pedestrian bridge to improve connectivity, safety and amenity for pedestrian movements from the new train station to the residential areas across Clyde Road.
3. Wider paths and landscaping to create open, attractive walking and cycling space along both sides of Clyde Road.
4. Better safety through open sightlines with flexibility in travel path options including stairs and ramps leading to the upper-level of the station precinct.
5. High quality and extensive public lighting throughout the railway crossing and adjoining station precinct.
6. Better amenity by the creation of breaks in the solid bridge structure for improved passive surveillance of the pedestrian path and the integration of public art.