For Graffiti Removal, call 1800 VANDAL (1800 826 325) or email email@example.com
This service is available 24/7 and it’s FREE
Casey’s Graffiti Management Program
Casey has an extensive graffiti management program. including:
- Eradication – graffiti is removed within one working day from of receiving permission form from the property owner, all Council assets and qualifying privately owned residential, commercial, retail and industrial properties by Council’s graffiti removal contractor.
- Education - All grade 5 and year 8 students at Casey’s schools are presented with an education program highlighting the individual and community costs of graffiti vandalism.
- Enforcement – City of Casey Community Local Law 2/2010 addresses the prohibition of graffiti, possession of aerosol spray paint cans and the sale of aerosol spray paint cans.
Graffiti is a Crime
The Graffiti Prevention Act 2007 lists penalties for:
- Marking publicly visible graffiti, on property without the owner’s consent Graffiti Prevention Act 2007 Section 5 - up to 2 years prison and a fine of up to $33,802
- Marking publicly visible graffiti that would offend a reasonable person Graffiti Prevention Act 2007 Section 6(1) - up to 2 years prison and a fine of up to $33,802
- Possessing, without lawful excuse, a a prescribed graffiti implement while on or adjacent to public transport or infrastructure, or where the person is trespassing Graffiti Prevention Act 2007 Section 7– (1) - a fine of up to $3521 or a $704 on the spot fine
- Possessing a graffiti implement with the intention of marking unlawful graffiti Graffiti Prevention Act 2007 Section 8 - a fine of up to $3,521
- Advertising a spray paint can for sale, if the advertisement is likely and intended to incite or promote unlawful graffiti Graffiti Prevention Act 2007 Section (9) - a fine of up to $7,042
- Selling a spray paint can to anyone under 18 years of age other than in circumstances where the person can demonstrate that they need the paint for employment purposes Graffiti Prevention Act 2007 Section 10 (2) - a fine of up to $2,817 or a $704 on the spot fine.
Graffiti prevention requires Council, Police and Residents working together in partnership to tackle the problem of graffiti vandalism.
What can I do?
Report graffiti to 1800 VANDAL (1800 826 325) or email firstname.lastname@example.org