You can conduct your wedding ceremony between 7:00am and 6:00pm every day of the week. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate ceremonies and photography outside of these times.
The park is closed on Christmas day and Good Friday.
You can choose from 5 scenic locations for your ceremony. Each site is booked exclusively for you for 2 hours. From there you can move to other locations throughout the park for different photo opportunities.
While we make sure your site booking is exclusive, the rest of the park is open to the general public. We will use a reservation sign to notify people that there will be a wedding ceremony taking place.
There may also be other events or functions in the park which coincide with your wedding ceremony.
- A site booking for 1 hour (for your ceremony).
- Up to 40 chairs.
- An extra 30 minutes each for set up and pack up (for a total booking time of 2 hours).
- A table and 2 chairs for signing the register (staff will set these up and collect them).
- A VIP bridal vehicle entry pass for up to 2 vehicles.
- A wedding photography permit. Your bridal party can stay in the park to take your wedding photos, provided they do not interfere with other bookings.
- Marquees and free standing umbrellas cannot be set up within the park, although we allow hand-held umbrellas.
- Your guests cannot use confetti or rice. We only allow rose petals or bubbles.
- You must complete your ceremony within the booked time. Late arrivals impact on other bookings and additional charges will apply for extra time.
Bridal vehicles and parking
We will provide you with one VIP pass to allow up to 2 bridal vehicles to be driven to the location of your ceremony.
Once the passenger(s) have been dropped off, the bridal vehicle(s) must exit the park immediately. They can then use the public car park if necessary.
We do not allow stretch limousines and hummers over 9 metres into the park.
Your guests can park in the public car park located onsite, although parking is limited.
You may wish to consider hiring a shuttle service to transport your guests to the site and reduce the hassle of finding a car park
All guests access the park via the main entrance. Please consider the walking distance for guests with disabilities when choosing the location of your wedding ceremony.
A wheelchair is available for loan from the Park’s Visitors Centre between the hours of 10.00am – 4.00pm.
You have 30 minutes before your ceremony time to allow for set up and a half hour for clean up from the conclusion time.
For example if you are getting married at 2pm:
- you can start setting up at 1.30pm
- your wedding ceremony will finish at 3pm
- you should finish packing up by 3.30pm
We provide 40 chairs with your wedding booking. We will set up these chairs and remove them after your ceremony.
You may choose an external company to provide chairs for your guests. The external company must provide public liability insurance cover before the wedding date to allow vehicular access into the park.
You can decorate your booked location provided you outline the items you want to use on your application form, or through discussion with staff at least 7 days prior to the wedding. This is to ensure that we can accommodate your needs at the location. You cannot tape or tie decorations to any structures or trees in the park.
- If you are using red carpet, it must have a hessian backing (rubber backing burns the grass).
- You can use standing archways, they must weighted down as pegging them into the ground is not allowed within the park.
- You must ensure all decorations are walked into the park through the front entrance. We provide trolleys for loan from the Park’s Visitors Centre between 10.00am – 4.00pm.
We allow acoustic instruments or sound systems for background music, but please keep the volume at a suitable level. This will minimise the impact on other visitors and neighbours of the park. Please consider any licencing requirement obligations you may have with your chosen music.
Power is available at Lakeside, Fairy Dell, Amphitheatre and the Rose Garden. There is no power available at the Rotunda and Ben's Lookout.
Wet weather options
We automatically reserve the Multipurpose Room as the wet weather backup with each wedding package. If there are multiple bookings at the same time, or the bride and groom has chosen to do so, we also provide a 4.5m x 3m marquee to cover the bridal party.
We will place signs in the park to inform your guests of the change in venue. Our staff will also redirect guests if required.
You will have 30 minutes to pack up after your wedding ceremony.
Cancellations and changes
Please see terms and conditions for our cancellation policy.
For informal or small receptions, the multipurpose room may be available for an additional cost. You could also hire a picnic shelter if this was suitable.
We also offer several sites within the park for Marquee weddings.