- Our recycling truck will empty your bin and deliver the materials to the recycle facility.
- Rubbish and incorrect materials are removed by hand. Everything else will go through machines to sort into similar product bundles.
- The sorted materials are bundled and sold to be made into new products.
Food and garden waste bin
- Our food and garden waste trucks empty your bin and deliver the materials to the processing facility.
- Rubbish, bagged and incorrect materials are removed by hand.
- Food and garden materials are screened, commercially hot composted and turned into mulch and rich compost.
General waste bin
- Our waste truck empties your bin and deliver the materials to the landfill facility.
- The rubbish is emptied from the truck and dumped into a big hole in the ground.
- It is expensive to individuals, businesses and Council to send waste to landfill. Your waste is not sorted. Landfills are built to be air and watertight so many things never break down, including paper, soft plastics and food.
- Our hard rubbish trucks collect your hard waste from your nature strip. Some materials will get compacted and squashed together in the back. Other items, including white good, will go into a caged area behind the driver.
- Once the truck is full, it will deliver the materials to the transfer station facility the contractor uses.
- Machinery will separate the resources from the squashed materials that can be recycled. Other items that can be reused by people may go to the facilities shop for resale, while the remaining materials are shredded and sold to source large furnaces.