Casey Youth Action Committee
The Casey Youth Action Committee (CYAC) hopes to empower young people to be genuine leaders in their community. This is an opportunity for you to:
- deliver projects on topics and issues that are important to young people
- develop your leadership skills and participate in leadership training
- work with other like-minded and passionate young people
- learn more about your community and local government
- represent the views and ideas of young people and influence decision-making
Casey Youth Action Committee Applications
Casey Youth Services are looking for past CYAC members who would like to take up the challenge of becoming a CYAC mentor.
As a mentor you would be required CYAC 2022 to assist new committee members navigate - and contribute to the success of - projects.
To effectively contribute with the delivery of the Casey Youth Action Committee for the duration of the CYAC term to ensure success.
Manage project groups
- Facilitate formal meetings
- Maintain communication with the worker
- Assist with the maintenance of the agenda and minutes
- Assist with team morale and team cohesion
Mandatory skills needed for the role:
- Previous CYAC experience (minimum 1 year)
- Demonstrated commitment
- Able to demonstrate how you have positively contributed to the CYAC
- Ability to facilitate groups
- Ability to work alongside Casey staff
- Understand the importance of social cohesion within the committee
- Understand the importance of the “one team approach”
- Ability to manage time effectively. (this will include attending meetings, monthly catch ups and post-meeting debrief with worker)
- Understands the CYAC's role within the City of Casey organisation
- Understands the workings/mechanics of the City of Casey's Youth Services
Book a program at your school
In-school programs are designed to improve young people’s connection to their peers, school, family and the community.
Programs include topics such as:
- sexual health
The programs are designed to help young people develop skills and knowledge for the achievement of personal goals.
For more information on CYAC or to get a list of in-school programs, contact the Youth Engagement team.