Casey Youth Action Committee
Applications for the Casey Youth Action Committee are now open.
The Casey Youth Action Committee (CYAC) hopes to empower young people to be genuine leaders in their community. This is an opportunity for you to:
- deliver projects on topics and issues that are important to young people
- develop your leadership skills and participate in leadership training
- work with other like-minded and passionate young people
- learn more about your community and local government
- represent the views and ideas of young people and influence decision-making
Key Selection Criteria
- Be aged between 15 and 25 years
- Live, work or study in the City of Casey
- Relevant understanding of the challenges young people face in Casey
- Relevant project work experience
- Previous experience working in small groups
- Proven time management skills or willing to work on a time management plan
- Commit to attending a meeting once every three weeks
- Commit to CYAC term (minimum of 12 months)
- Complete an application form and be willing to participate in an interview
The completed application form must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Friday 25 September 2020.
Book a program at your school
In-school programs are designed to improve young people’s connection to their peers, school, family and the community.
Programs include topics such as:
- sexual health
The programs are designed to help young people develop skills and knowledge for the achievement of personal goals.
For more information on CYAC or to get a list of in-school programs, contact the Youth Engagement team.