As of the 1 July, you will no longer be able to transfer the registration of a food business.
Instead, the new owner of a registered food business must make an application for registration
For more information, please contact our Environmental Health Team on 9705 5200.
Contact the Environmental Health Team
We recommend you contact us before you attempt to apply to transfer a food business's registration. They can give you advice and recommendations that will assist you in making a successful application.
To correctly submit an application to transfer a food premises registration, you:
- must know what the classification of your food business is (our application form can help you determine this)
- have a Food Safety Program (class 1 and 2 food businesses only)
- have a Food Safety Supervisor (class 1 and 2 food business only)
- understand the relevant fees that apply to transfer an existing registration
How to apply
To apply to transfer a food business registration, please complete the Transfer a Food Premises Application form.
Submit your application
Submit your application form and payment:
What happens next
- We will inspect your proposed food business to make sure it is satisfactory.
- If the inspection is satisfactory, we will complete the registration within 5 working days.