To submit an application to transfer an existing accommodation business registration, you should:
- understand the relevant fees that apply to your registration
- consider applying for a transfer inspection to determine if there are any issues with the premises prior to settlement
A transfer fee of $235 is applicable to transfer an existing registration to yourself.
Transfer inspection fee
If you require an inspection of the premises as well as the transfer, an inspection fee of $220 is applicable.
You may require an inspection if:
- a solicitor requests an inspection when a sale is occurring
- you want an inspection conducted before purchasing a business
How to apply
To apply to transfer an accommodation business registration, please complete the Transfer of Registration of Prescribed Accommodation Application form.
You can submit the form and payment:
What happens next
- We will inspect your proposed accommodation business to make sure it is satisfactory.
- If the inspection is satisfactory, we will complete the registration within 5 working days.
- If you plan on operating a rooming house, you must apply for a licence from Consumer Affairs Victoria (if you haven't already done so).