To apply to transfer an existing accommodation business registration, you should:
- understand the relevant fees that apply to your registration
- consider applying for a transfer inspection to determine if there are any issues with the premises before settlement
A fee of $300 is applicable to transfer an existing registration to yourself.
Transfer inspection fee
If you need an inspection of the premises as well as the transfer, an inspection fee of $260 is applicable.
You may require an inspection if:
- a solicitor requests an inspection when a sale is occurring
- you want an inspection conducted before purchasing a business
How to apply
To apply to transfer an accommodation business registration, please complete the Transfer of Registration of Prescribed Accommodation Application form.
Due to customer service centre closures, you must submit the completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot submit by email, you can post your application.
What happens next
- We will inspect your proposed accommodation business to make sure it is satisfactory.
- If the inspection is satisfactory, we will complete the registration within 5 working days.
- If you plan on operating a rooming house, you must apply for a licence from Consumer Affairs Victoria (if you haven't already done so).