Skip to main content

Amend your child's enrolment record

Submitting your child's record 

You must submit a commencement record form once your child has a confirmed kindergarten place, and before your child begins kindergarten. 
These important documents help us understand your child's health, your family situation and what we need to do in an emergency. Our kindergartens must collect this information to meet regulatory requirements. 

If you need help completing this form, please contact Council on 9705 5200

How to submit

The online form takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.

Submit record online

If you cannot submit the form online, please print and complete the paper version of the Enrolment Record Form. You can then take this to your child's kindergarten. 

If you cannot print this form, please contact us and we will post you a form to complete. 

What you must provide

As part of the enrolment record, you will need to provide details about: 

  • your child and family 

  • any allergies or medical conditions 

  • any additional needs your child has 

  • who to contact in case of an emergency 

  • evidence of your child's immunisation status 

  • parents’ education and occupation.

Immunisation status

Before your child can begin kindergarten, you must provide evidence that their immunisations are up-to-date for their age. 

To do this, you must provide an Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register. You can download your child's Immunisation History Statement using your myGov account. 

Or, you can request an Immunisation History Statement by contacting the Australian Information Register enquiries line on 1800 653 809

Immunisation documents we cannot accept

Documents we cannot accept include: 

  • your child’s Health Record (blue book) or Health & Development Record (green book) 

  • overseas immunisation documents 

  • homeopathic immunisation documents 

  • statutory declarations 

  • conscientious objection and vaccination objection on non-medical grounds.

If you cannot obtain the required documents

If you cannot obtain the vaccinations or documents required, please contact us. In some cases your child may be able to start kindergarten while you obtain the required documents. 

Important medical documents

If your child has any medical conditions, you need to consult a doctor or medical practitioner to complete one or more of the following documents: 

If your child has any other diagnosed medical conditions, please ask you kindergarten teacher for a Medical Management Treatment and Action Plan. 

Parents' education and occupation 

Why we need this information 

The Department of Education and Training (DET) is providing extra funding to kindergartens. This will give us more resources to help your child start school on track. 

To make the right funding decisions, we need to ask you some questions about your level of education and occupation. 

This is the same approach used to allocate funding across government schools. 

If you don’t want to provide this information 

You do not have to provide this information, but we strongly encourage you to do so. The DET will use this information to help give funding to the kindergartens that need it the most. Any information you provide will be kept private and anonymous. 

Find out more about this Early Childhood Reform

Have you found the information you were looking for?