It’s strategic location has meant that Hardys Road is well used by local residents and commuters alike; this major project will upgrade the road between Berwick-Cranbourne Road and Zagros Street, ensuring it is both safer and more efficient.
Project works include sealing and constructing drainage along the roadside, as well as seven new intersections, including a signalised intersection at Berwick-Cranbourne Road in Clyde North.
- Hardys Road will provide a safer, more efficient journey for commuters,
- residents of the Clydevale, Clyde Springs, Delaray and Meridian Central estates will have direct access to Hardys Road,
- the construction of a new signalised intersection at Berwick-Cranbourne Road will allow better east-west flow of traffic along the road,
- Hardys Road will allow direct access to the future Hardys Road Major Town Centre, to be located on the existing Robertson Quarry site, and
- allow better connectivity to other estates west of Berwick-Cranbourne Road.
Residents have consistently spoken about their frustration with our City’s roads; an overwhelming 88 per cent of residents note that congestion is the main issue and that this makes it more difficult to commute to / from work, and take their children to / from school. These works respond directly to these concerns by significantly improving our city’s transport network to allow an easier flow of traffic and better connectedness for local residents.
The project is expected to be completed by the end of 2022; this does not include its intersection with Berwick-Cranbourne Road.
Growth areas major road projects
Over the next 12 to 18 months, Council will partner with the development industry to deliver a trio of major road projects, Hardys Road, Tuckers Road and Bells Road, set to significantly improve our city’s transport network by allowing easier flow of traffic, better connectedness for residents and eased congestion – a key issue for some 88 percent of residents.
For more information, contact Council’s City Design and Construction team on 9705 5200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org