Participating schools can hire a fully-equipped bicycle trailer free of charge to help deliver on-site road safety programs to students.
You can hire the trailer and equipment for a maximum of 3 weeks.
The Ride Safe - Stay Safe program is a City of Casey initiative in partnership with the Transport Accident Commission (TAC).
What's included in the trailer
The Ride Safe - Stay Safe trailer includes:
- cargo-trailer (5.5m x 1.8m)
- 15 bicycles (24 inches, 3 speed with water bottle carrier suitable for 9+ year olds)
- safety equipment including helmets and high visibility vests
- accessories including a bicycle pump, tool kit and first-aid kit
- assorted road markers, including 10 bollards, speed humps, marking cones and assorted road signs
- Vic Roads Bicycle Education resource booklet
- 1 modified bicycle with balance wheels (upon request)
Download the bicycle trailer equipment booklet for more information on what's included.
Apply to hire the trailer
To apply to hire the Ride Safe - Stay Safe bicycle trailer, you must:
- submit a Bicycle Trailer Hire form at least 14 days before your requested hire dates
- pay the $2000 security bond
Submit the completed form and the bond via:
- email: email@example.com
- post: addressed to the Road Safety Officer
- in person at a Customer Service Centre.
What happens next
- We will email you if your application is successful.
- It is your responsibility to arrange transport of the trailer to and from our storage facility in Narre Warren. You can tow the vehicle yourself (make sure your towing vehicle is suitable to tow up to 2 tonnes) or hire a professional transport company to pick-up and return the trailer.
Reporting any damage and security bond return
You are responsible for any damage to the trailer or other Council property. If any damage occurs, you must pay reinstatement costs to the City of Casey.
Please report any damage as soon as possible to our Road Safety Officer by contacting us.
Returning your security bond
Your security bond will be returned via cheque to the address you nominate on your application form. We will return the security bond within 6 weeks after the end of your hire period.
For more information on your responsibilities when hiring the bicycle trailer, please refer to the terms and conditions in the application form.
You can also contact our Road Safety Officer.