You can request plans and other documents relating to multi-unit residential developments or commercial, industrial or public buildings. However ownership issues may limit the extent of the information available.
- Complete the Request for Industrial Plans Application form.
- Complete the Credit Card Payment form if you wish to pay the fee by credit card. Fees may also be paid by cheque or through our customer service centre.
A fee of $195 is applicable. Additional permit files will be subject to a further fee of $135.
How to submit
Submit your completed form and payment:
What happens next?
Requests are usually processed within 7 days.
We may ask that you check the permit file after we retrieve it and confirm the exact documents required. We will then copy these for you. Additional copying charges may apply for large developments with very large plan sets.
- Plans and permits are the property of the owner, and copies of documents may only be provided to the owner or an agent of the owner (written letter of consent from owner required). Proof of identity will be required.
- There is no guarantee that the required plans or documents can be located or that the quality will be good.
- Permit files more than 40 years old are unlikely to be available.
- Boundary setbacks and other dimensions shown on plans should not be relied upon without being confirmed on site by a licensed land surveyor.
- Sewer drainage lines are rarely shown on building permit plans, and stormwater (roof run off) drainage lines, if shown, are usually indicative and cannot be relied upon without being confirmed on site.