You may require copies of house plans to assist in the preparation of designs for new building work, garages or other outbuildings on the property.
- Complete the Request for House Plans Application form.
- Complete the Owners authorisation form.
- Complete the Credit Card Payment form if you wish to pay by credit card. Fees may also be paid by cheque or through our customer service centre.
The fee is currently $120 for the first building permit file and a further $40 fee applies for each subsequent file pertaining to the same property. These fees are non-refundable.
How to submit
Submit your completed form and payment:
What happens next?
Requests are usually processed within 7 days.
- Plans and permits are the property of the owner, and copies of documents may only be provided to the owner or an agent of the owner (written letter of consent from owner required). Proof of identity will be required.
- There is no guarantee that the required plans or documents can be located or that the quality will be good.
- Permit files more than 40 years old are unlikely to be available.
- Boundary setbacks and other dimensions shown on plans should not be relied upon without being confirmed on site by a licensed land surveyor.
- Sewer drainage lines are rarely shown on building permit plans, and stormwater (roof run off) drainage lines, if shown, are usually indicative and cannot be relied upon without being confirmed on site.