Building permit documentation is often required when selling a property. We can provide you with the building permit, occupancy permit or final certificate, and the insurance certificate.
We cannot provide you with plans and in most circumstances, we will not have occupancy permits for properties built prior to 1994.
To request building permit documentation:
- Complete the Request for Building Permit Documentation form.
- Complete the Credit Card Payment form if you wish to pay by credit card.
The fee is $75. This fee is non-refundable.
How to submit
Submit your completed form and payment:
- Via email - email@example.com
What happens next?
Requests are usually processed within 7 days.
- Plans and permits are the property of the owner.
- Copies of documents may only be provided to the owner or an agent of the owner (a written letter of consent from the owner required). Proof of identity will be required.
- There is no guarantee that the required plans or documents can be located or that the quality will be good.
- Permit files more than 40 years old are unlikely to be available.
- Boundary setbacks and other dimensions shown on plans should not be relied upon without being confirmed on-site by a licensed land surveyor.
- Sewer drainage lines are rarely shown on building permit plans, and stormwater (roof runoff) drainage lines, if shown, are usually indicative and cannot be relied upon without being confirmed on site.