Skip to main content
We are working to address the impact of the storms on Tuesday 13 February.

Report littering or rubbish on public land

A person found guilty of littering or dumping rubbish can face significant fines. They can also be charged for the cost to clean up their dumped rubbish. Report to Council if you see rubbish or someone littering in public places such as parks and reserves, local roads, or on nature strips. We will investigate your report and remove the rubbish within 5 working days. To help with our investigation, provide as much information as possible, including:

  • when and where the littering occurred
  • what kind of rubbish was littered
  • the person responsible
  • any vehicles or equipment used

Use Snap Send Solve, an easy and efficient way to report littering and rubbish.

Report littering and rubbish

or call our Customer Service Team at 9705 5200.

Rubbish on non-Council land

If littering happened on land that belongs to another government department, they are responsible for removing it. Below is a list of other relevant government departments that can help with littering problems. If you are unsure, please contact us and we can help you identify who might be able to help.

Report littering from a vehicle

Environment Protection Authority Victoria (EPA) has an online form you can use to make a report if you see someone littering from a vehicle or near the vehicle they are using.

Report littering from a vehicle to the EPA

Have you found the information you were looking for?