Before you make a report to us, please make sure the road you're concerned about is managed by Council.
If it's a VicRoads managed roads, please report the issue to VicRoads.
Report an issue with a Council road or footpath
To report an urgent request, please call 9705 5200. This 24-hour number connects to our paging service after hours. We will respond to your emergency as soon as possible.
Urgent requests can include:
- oil on road
- other slippery surfaces that may require emergency help
- pothole and edge-break repairs
- glass or debris on the road
- damaged or missing signs
- line marking
- road grading
- dumped rubbish and litter
- missing marker post or blue road reflector
Fallen tree blocking a road or footpath
If a tree or branch is blocking a road or footpath please report it to us.
You can report any non-urgent requests online:
To help us look into your report, please try and provide:
- the location of the road or footpath
- an explanation of the issue or problem
- location of the issue on the problem road or footpath
- is the road or footpath sealed or unsealed - i.e. concrete or gravel
Please also provide your contact details, so we can follow up with you and get further details if needed.
What happens next
- We will inspect and make safe dangerous roads and footpaths within 30 working days of a report being received.
Traffic congestion is an issue across Melbourne. Through our Transport Advocacy Campaign, we will continue to lobby the State Government to:
- commit funding to upgrade our arterial road network
- improve public transport facilities to provide better services to the community and reduce the overall reliance on motor vehicles